• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rape and death threats from my Ex's father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon D.

My background is from an asian country. In that country if the girl has been engage in sexual act before marrige, it is not very good reflection on her. The story goes--- after 2.5 years of relationship my ex got married and gave me a "surprise" just so that she could see the reaction more extreme. (it was her way of breaking up with me) when i questioned her, she kept saying i love him so much, without any regards of what i am feeling. When i called her up a couple of times, her father showed up to my house and made false accusations of sexual kind on my mother and sister. A friend talked me into that we should approach him and clear things out and tell him what were your intentions.
Instead of hearing that he made a Death threat to me and my father and rape threat to my sister and mother. (note: i was already in a vulnerable place because of this and the fact that my father went under stage 3 cancer surgery just two weeks before that). I was a university student then and never handled a situation where a grown man making death threats to me. I froze and said nothing.
Before it even began, their approach was to deny every thing that happened between me and her. Little did he know that the same friend gave me the suggestion to record her when she was making fun and fooling me. (there was time when she said i wanna come back to you, and me, an idiot, believed her and let the past go). So now I have her video recordings when she is admitting that she wants to get out of her marriage. When i showed them the video, thats when they realized that they cant just deny and get out of the situation by lying.
2 hours long conversation where her father, uttering death threats and admitting that if i send those recordings to her husband, he will destroy my life. As well as text messages, chat history, call recordings other facts that only sexual partners can know.
Its been 5 years now, i have tried everything to get it out of my head but seems like what i need is the closure. I still wake wake up in the middle of the nights all sweaty. Even typing this and re-calling those scenarios in my head makes my hand ice cold and heart race.
Now i am much more stable in life, my father is healthy once again, my mother understands me much better, but this psychological factor is still there. So obviously, I am not going to live my life with that hanging over my head. I am planing to do exactly what he told me not to do, SEND THE MATERIAL TO HER HUSBAND.
I am going to Thailand for a business trip next month for 3 months and she and her family is located in back home country.
Note: Although i appreciate all the talks like "nothing good can come out of this", "forgiving is a good thing"... nothing works. If knowing these things was enough the world would be a better place.

Questions: (i badly need 1 and 2 answered)
1) Does he have a case If i expose her father and her to their own family?
2) Does it make a difference if i do it when i am in Thailand? and later come back.
3) Do I have a case against him for the pain and suffering he has caused me and my family?
4) I do have an initial consultation with a lawyer on 29th, Should i say all this in front of him to get my answer? (or is it the admission of a crime?)

quincy

My background is from an asian country. In that country if the girl has been engage in sexual act before marrige, it is not very good reflection on her. The story goes--- after 2.5 years of relationship my ex got married and gave me a "surprise" just so that she could see the reaction more extreme. (it was her way of breaking up with me) when i questioned her, she kept saying i love him so much, without any regards of what i am feeling. When i called her up a couple of times, her father showed up to my house and made false accusations of sexual kind on my mother and sister. A friend talked me into that we should approach him and clear things out and tell him what were your intentions.
Instead of hearing that he made a Death threat to me and my father and rape threat to my sister and mother. (note: i was already in a vulnerable place because of this and the fact that my father went under stage 3 cancer surgery just two weeks before that). I was a university student then and never handled a situation where a grown man making death threats to me. I froze and said nothing.
Before it even began, their approach was to deny every thing that happened between me and her. Little did he know that the same friend gave me the suggestion to record her when she was making fun and fooling me. (there was time when she said i wanna come back to you, and me, an idiot, believed her and let the past go). So now I have her video recordings when she is admitting that she wants to get out of her marriage. When i showed them the video, thats when they realized that they cant just deny and get out of the situation by lying.
2 hours long conversation where her father, uttering death threats and admitting that if i send those recordings to her husband, he will destroy my life. As well as text messages, chat history, call recordings other facts that only sexual partners can know.
Its been 5 years now, i have tried everything to get it out of my head but seems like what i need is the closure. I still wake wake up in the middle of the nights all sweaty. Even typing this and re-calling those scenarios in my head makes my hand ice cold and heart race.
Now i am much more stable in life, my father is healthy once again, my mother understands me much better, but this psychological factor is still there. So obviously, I am not going to live my life with that hanging over my head. I am planing to do exactly what he told me not to do, SEND THE MATERIAL TO HER HUSBAND.
I am going to Thailand for a business trip next month for 3 months and she and her family is located in back home country.
Note: Although i appreciate all the talks like "nothing good can come out of this", "forgiving is a good thing"... nothing works. If knowing these things was enough the world would be a better place.

2) Does it make a difference if i do it when i am in Thailand? and later come back.
3) Do I have a case against him for the pain and suffering he has caused me and my family?
4) I do have an initial consultation with a lawyer on 29th, Should i say all this in front of him to get my answer? (or is it the admission of a crime?)
I recommend you ask your attorney your questions and discuss with your attorney your proposed plans.

In the US, what you are considering could lead to legal problems for you. What problems would depend on the state.

In the US, what you say to your attorney would remain confidential.

Eekamouse

What do you mean "she gave you a surprise?"

Just Blue

You said you have an attorney. Your attorney is the one with whom you should discuss this.
To add to this ...@Jon D. You should also seek advice from a therapist. I think that would help you in finally just letting go of the anger and hurt before you do something that could land you in jail.

quincy

Yes, thank you. Although i do not think that it is relevant to the case as court does not take emotions into account.
We don't either. :)

You should relate all facts to your attorney and, if you are having problems handling the emotional side of the situation, you should find a counselor or therapist.

Because you are not located in the US, there is little a US forum can do for you. Sorry.

Jon D.

To add to this ...@Jon D. You should also seek advice from a therapist. I think that would help you in finally just letting go of the anger and hurt before you do something that could land you in jail.
I have done it. That made it even worse. He kept saying to me that "you cant do it" and "they will do it even more" projecting me even weaker in the situation. While not even listening to ehat exactly was bothering me

quincy

I have done it. That made it even worse. He kept saying to me that "you cant do it" and "they will do it even more" projecting me even weaker in the situation. While not even listening to ehat exactly was bothering me
Please seek assistance in your country.

Jon D.

We don't either. :)

You should relate all facts to your attorney and, if you are having problems handling the emotional side of the situation, you should find a counselor or therapist.

Because you are not located in the US, there is little a US forum can do for you. Sorry.
Lol, i am a pretty strong guy. But this is over the top. Its one thing to ditch someone, but then barging in to my house and then threatening to kill my parents. Morals goes out the window at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">