• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Nebraska
Okay, here’s the deal. It’s a little complex, so bear with me.

On August 19, 1999 I was on a bus transporting me from Fort Lee, Virginia to Ft. Benning, GA. Me and my fellow soldiers were going from Airborne Orientation Course (required for riggers) to Airborne School. I drank a little bit, but not enough to get me drunk. Next thing I knew, I was disoriented, going in and out of consciousness, while several of the guys took turns having sex with me in the little bathroom at the back of the bus. I know I said no a couple of times, but didn’t really fight, because I was disoriented. I can’t explain my mental state at the time; all I can figure is that someone drugged me. I can remember enough bits and pieces to deduce that I was gang raped. However, morally, I have a hard time accusing people of things when I don’t feel I have any concrete evidence. I am terrified of getting my name drug through the mud, but it is a chance I am willing to take because after 5 and a half years, I still feel I need justice.

Moving on: One of the guys involved began threatening me soon after we arrived at Airborne School. He told me that he wanted me gone immediately, and that if I was in formation the next day, he would get rid of me and make sure no one ever found my body. He urged me to go AWOL. I refused, because I was afraid of the ramifications. He then told me I was to tell my Sergeant Airborne that I was suicidal, so they would take me out of Airborne School. The next morning on my way to formation, I remembered his threat and did just that.

I was sent to a holdover company and also to a psychologist. I wouldn’t really tell them anything. However, it turns out I had lied about something when I enlisted…I had previously been in a psychiatric ward of a hospital, as a teenager, and lied about it when I enlisted. So they told me that if they could get my medical records from that, they would be able to discharge me.

One day, I said “I’ve had enough,“ and I went AWOL. Six months later, I was caught, sent to Ft. Sill, and outprocessed. I received an Other Than Honorable discharge.

Basically, I would like to know if it is possible to prosecute with the evidence that I have. I am also curious about the statute of limitations for rape. And does it make a difference that I am no longer in the Army? It still falls under the UCMJ, correct?

Any advice at all would be helpful.


Junior Member
forgot to add...

Two of the guys also had anal sex with me on this occasion. Can't sodomy be prosecuted, as well?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential