• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ratification of the Constitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BOR

On this day in 1788, New Hampshire became the 9th and final state needed to ratify the Constitution, or Original 7 Article's.

It was declared in full force and effect in March 1789.

It is housed in the National Archives in Washington, D.C. in the center case of the Rotunda's Charters of freedom, been there, seen it.

It was drafted in Independence Hall in Philadelphia in the summer of 1787. The chair George Washington sat in as the President of the Constitutional convention is the original. Most other furniture, etc., is period, but a few things are original to the chamber.

If anyone can ever visit Philadelphia, do so, it is a thrilling experience, been there done that.

Independence Hall is one of only a few buildings in the U.S. on UNESCO's prestigous World Heritage list.

The Bill of Rights though is the foundation of law basically. That came later.

Silverplum

On this day in 1788, New Hampshire became the 9th and final state needed to ratify the Constitution, or Original 7 Article's.

It was declared in full force and effect in March 1789.

It is housed in the National Archives in Washington, D.C. in the center case of the Rotunda's Charters of freedom, been there, seen it.

It was drafted in Independence Hall in Philadelphia in the summer of 1787. The chair George Washington sat in as the President of the Constitutional convention is the original. Most other furniture, etc., is period, but a few things are original to the chamber.

If anyone can ever visit Philadelphia, do so, it is a thrilling experience, been there done that.

Independence Hall is one of only a few buildings in the U.S. on UNESCO's prestigous World Heritage list.

The Bill of Rights though is the foundation of law basically. That came later.
Thank you, BOR. :):):):):)

Silverplum

My pleasure, trust me. I love to study the Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights, my nic, BOR.
:):):) It's an EXCELLENT addition to my day, and no doubt that of others who read your fine post.

(Apparently, I love plums. ;) :eek: )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">