• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re: change in pay rates?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetdannid

re: change in pay rates?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nevada

greetings,

i was recently told that there may be a change in my pay structure at work. i currently work at a mid high end boutique in las vegas on the strip. i get paid a hourly rate of $12 per hour. we work on a pay structure called draw. we either get out $12 per hour fo 40 hours or 7% commission off or sales, if we sale $11,000 or more. according to management, they are thinking of changing the pay scale to hourly plus commission. we they are talking about is lowering the hourly pay rate and the commission rate. can this be done? i know that the company can change the commission rate(because technically none of the associates have received comission paychecks.), but can they change the hourly rate that has already been agreed to? thank you very much for your time and i look forward to hearing from you soon.

best wishes

danielle anderson

They can lower the pay rate for the future, provided that you are being paid above minimum wage. They cannot retroactively lower the pay rate for hours that you have already worked under the old agreed-upon rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">