• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re: felony reduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

damenomiso

re: felony reduction

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
I received a felony in Indiana for a second DUI offense within 5 yrs. 2001. No fatality/injury. Convicted, sentenced, served 30 days work release. Completed all obligations and closed. My question is what is the process, and cost, to petition for a reduction of the felony (Class D) to a misdemeanor. I do not believe I meet the criteria for an expungement under Indiana law.

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
I received a felony in Indiana for a second DUI offense within 5 yrs. 2001. No fatality/injury. Convicted, sentenced, served 30 days work release. Completed all obligations and closed. My question is what is the process, and cost, to petition for a reduction of the felony (Class D) to a misdemeanor. I do not believe I meet the criteria for an expungement under Indiana law.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/criminal-history-re-employment-430860.html

You're double posting; but I'll save you the trouble. You cannot get a seven year old conviction modified unless you have extraordinary new evidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">