• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RE: Jesort415

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL

RE: Jesort415

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just some facts:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/when-ll-refuses-ignores-final-walk-thru-steps-protect-yourself-474511.html#post2304057

# 15
we offered (and he agreed he wanted to) do an initial walk thru to go over anything he thought might be beyond normal wear and tear to give us time to address it (although I don't see anything beyond normal wear and tear blinds are clean and work, floors are free of stracthes or scuffs, carpets are clean and don't have tears/stains/holes, etc.). This is the walk thru we are asking for so we can address those things now and then on our very last day do the final walk thru to make sure everything on the list was done and the house left in the original condition. He is ignoring our request to do the intial walk thru now.

BTW I found a thread that my LL started and you didn't have anything nice to say to him either so I guess in your eyes unless it is you, everyone is wrong. I am not making anything anyone's problem I am asking what can I (me) do to protect myself.

Then here:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/just-wanted-give-update-471225.html

# 7 post

Uh-oh we didn't get a check in sheet when we moved in. I see this being a problem with them now. The floor was scratched by her niece who lived here before us. There was more damaged but we fixed it (holes in the walls, bad unprofessional paint jobs in some rooms, stained carpets from those bad paint jobs,etc). She acknowledged them verbally but I guess that won't do us any good since she can deny it (like other things).

Jesort415

When I said the floors were free of scratches I meant any that WE did. I can't help what the niece did before us, her damage was there already. I am talking about new damage, and there is NOTHING!!! Except for that scratch the floors are in the same condition as when we moved in. We made a few improvements over the 16-17 months we lived there with LL's permission. Her niece left hugh holes in the walls we filled them and had professionals paint the rooms with the bad paint jobs, she left paint stains on the carpet, we used a steam cleaner to clean the carpets and the spots came up. I doubt they will mention any of this in court (if we go there) and we didn't do any of this for them, we did it cause we were gonna live there.

My last thread was asking how to protect ourselves from being accussed of someone else's damage or non existent damage and to properly document the house when we leave and we are taking the advice we got.

Last edited:

Jesort415

Stop being a moron and leave me the hell alone!!! You are apparently too stupid to read my last post on my other thread so again find someone else to go "help" with your useless "advice" No wonder people are always correcting you, and telling you to stop posting, you know nothing. You LOVE telling people to "read so and so's post carefully", we don't you try it for a change!!
If you did, you would see you are missing the point of my thread so again your "advice" is useless!!!

In fact BL quoted my last post (which is gone now) which clearly states this is NOT the FINAL walk thru but a walk thru inspection that the LL wanted as well. If they don't want to do this one, we will proceed with cleaning up the place, and then hopefully can do the final walk thru but if they choose not to do ANY walk thru how do we protect ourselves. That was the point of my other thread, if you're IQ isn't high enough for you to be able to follow and comprehend what I am saying maybe you should NOT post on a legal advice forum.

Last edited:

Baranov

All your questions were answered in your previous post. This is just an attempt of re-opening a post that has been closed. If you don't like what you have been advised to do, then post elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">