• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re: request of administative file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh1965

re: request of administative file

Hi. I requested from my disability insurance about 6 wks ago, copies of my administrative file, which is currently under appeal. As of today, I was notified they have not been sent to me. Legally, doesnt the insurance co have 30 days in which to deliever the file to me upon request? I have since Dec 2001 asked them to request all physician records, of which I found out today as well, that the disability ins co hasnt even requested these records from the physicians treating me. These would be pertinant to my claim. My claim determination was due Feb 10. I just recvd a letter from the disability insurance co stating they extended my appeal another 60 days due to "new medical info" received. Yet my physician nor therapist have submitted any records due to the disability co hasnt requested them. This makes no sense! Are they just delaying my claim in bad faith? This is an ERISA claim which I understand I cannot take them to court on this basis. When my physician called today, they told the physician that my case had to be re-assigned due to it had not been investigated within the 60 day determination period. I am getting two stories here. What can I do since they have not requested pertinant information from my doctors, nor have they sent me upon my request the records from these doctors that "should" be in my administrative file. This disability insurance co has been doing this to me (delaying/denying benefits) since Sept 2001. I am in a terrible financial hardship due to their lack of fidicuary duties..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You..... (Arizona)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">