• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re Ssi Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shack383

Missouri

My Grandson lived with her when she filed for benifits in sept 04. During this time the court granted us legal guardianship. She relocated tp PA for one year then returned to missouri in sept of 05. She allowed our grand son to live with us while maintaing her own home and drawing his SSI check and provided no support for him during this time. I dont know if the guardian ship has been rvoked.

Rich

Last edited:

BL

shack383 said:
Missouri

My Grandson lived with her when she filed for benefits in sept 04. During this time the court granted us legal guardianship. She relocated tp PA for one year then returned to missouri in sept of 05. She allowed our grand son to live with us while maintaing her own home and drawing his SSI check and provided no support for him during this time. I dont know if the guardian ship has been rvoked.

Rich
All you have to do is click on your original thread and click reply , to keep this all together , instead of starting new subject, threads .

Now the way to find out if Guardianship was revoked is to contact the Courts' Clerk where the Order was made , and ask , or go there in Person with ID and the Order you do have to find out .

If you still have guardianship contact SSA and ask to be appointed the child's Payee , and report what has been going on all along if you wish to .

If you do not have guardianship , you can still report this .

If the child is in school get the registration # , if it shows your address and current records showing your address for the child , otherwise She could simply State you are watching the child while she job hunts , or any excuse .

T

tommy 522

Your opening up a can of worms here! If you turn her in you will most likely loose your grandson, she will take him back to live with her on his check, out of spite ! unless you go to court and get full guardainship of him ! and if she takes him away and they cut out the check she most likely will be left with no means to provide for him from what i read between the lines! and yes the check she draws on him is to be used for his up keep and she is suppost to keep some records on how its spent for his well being. she could be in trouble but it may hurt you more in the long run by losing your grandson ! I would not give all the money in the world for my grandson we are raising and his parents dont help with a dime! and they claim him on taxes and anything else they can ,they are divorced and living with other persons with kids and she has a child by a diffrent person!!! Good luck and good bless you for doing the right thing a child is our future we must take care of them the best we can , We may not be birth parents but parents we are never the less! hang in their. as you know your grandson will know who loves him !!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">