• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ready to give up!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? California

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to begin a pet sitting business where I go to other peoples homes while they are away and care for their pets. The problem I am having is with all of the business licence/ficticious business name statments. In filling out the forms, I HAVE to have a physical place of business. Since I am going to other peoples homes, I won't have a actual "office". The city I live in told me since I was using my home computer to do invoices, I needed to use this address as my actual business address. I am actually basing my business in another city where I currently work at a vets office and where all of my contacts are. I am planning on getting a business licence in that city. The only reason I need to get a business licence in the city I live in is because I will be printing invoices off my computer. What I need to know is if there is a way around this? Also I have heard that sometimes cities come into your home and inspect? I live with my family and I don't want this to turn into a huge ordeal. Can they actually come into your home? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to give up!:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential