• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate And Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NNSFF

What is the name of your state? I am in CA. STBX and I own 2 houses, I live in one, he in other. He hired real estate appraiser recommended by his attorney. I said WILL NOT USE, I don't trust him. STBX had his house done in July. I believe it is 25K less that what house is currently worth and can prove it. STBX and his attorney are insisting that their appraiser do my house and if I don't let him in, they will report it to the court. I cannot afford my own appraiser yet, and will not pay for STBX appraiser to do my house. I think we should each have own appraiser do both houses to see if we can get similar figures, but I can't do this for about 6 to 8 weeks and we are having a settlement meeting this Fri. 9/27. I also WILL NOT be obligated by whatever figure his appraiser comes up with. I want to have a real estate agent do a free market analysis on both our houses this week, just to get an idea. I hope this is all clear. I need advice FAST! Holly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">