• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate/descrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JSHEL

I have recently made an offer to a developer (in texas) on a property in a residential subdivision which the developer accepted. He explained the home i was going to build must meet certain restrictions (sq.footage,all brick or stone ect.). The home plans met the criteria listed in the deed restrictions. But because i wanted to use another builder other than the three that are currently building in the subdivision he refused to sell me the lot. I feel i was "blackballed" or "descriminated" against because the other builders did not want any other contractors in the subdivision. Is there a law against this practice????????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JSHEL said:
I have recently made an offer to a developer (in texas) on a property in a residential subdivision which the developer accepted. He explained the home i was going to build must meet certain restrictions (sq.footage,all brick or stone ect.). The home plans met the criteria listed in the deed restrictions. But because i wanted to use another builder other than the three that are currently building in the subdivision he refused to sell me the lot. I feel i was "blackballed" or "descriminated" against because the other builders did not want any other contractors in the subdivision. Is there a law against this practice????????
My response:

No, you haven't been discriminated in this matter. They have a right to sell their land under any conditions that are legal; and, making a term and condition that you use and pay for their labor - rather than someone else - is perfectly legal.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">