• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Values

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ConnieJones

I need to find the land value of some acreage in Talladega County, Alabama. Land was inheirated in 1972 and then sold in 1999. I need the land value in 1972 for tax purposes. Can you tell me where to obtain this information.

ALawyer

Look at the value on the estate tax return if one was filed in 1972, and if not, ask for a guess by a real estate broker who was around then. Unless the value of the land or estate is major, it is doubtful that a good faith estimate would be challanged by IRS.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">