• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate

• Thread starter andrea Palacios
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andrea Palacios

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My question is this, I'm in the process of purchasing a home and I chose this particular model and in this model I really liked this shelf feature that was a standard option that was supposed to be in the house, now that my house in the final stages of completion it has a plant/potter shelf that is missing from my house. When I called my sales person she indicated to me that per the disclosure they could do changes at the sellers discretion. I understand making changes but this was a major change and I was not happy about it. What are my option now besides cancelling and forfeiting my deposit?

L

loku

You may have a claim. It depends on the exact wording of the contract allowing the owner to make changes. The question would be whether in the circumstances, the type of change they made comes under that wording.

A

andrea Palacios

The only place I found the wording is on the Floor plan brochure it says "Brown Family COmmunities reserves the right to change price, materials, inclusions, design, color, styl and quality without prior notice. All dimensions are approximate and may vary from plans and model homes". But by removing the built in plant shelves it changes the floor plan.

L

loku

It is possible that the clause giving them the right to “change price, materials, inclusions, design, color, style and quality without prior notice” is too broad a right to be valid. In other words a court would possibly deny them the right to make such changes or might say the entire contract is void because of such a clause. You might consider having a lawyer write them a letter to that effect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">