• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



all parties involved live in michigan.
The grandfather is in a nursing home and his home will go to his son. The son has paid off the mortgage on his home. The grandson has 1 home in another city, has only lived there for one year and therefore still has a mortgage.
Due to employment, the grandson may move into the grandfather's home. The father then may move into the his son's home (closer to the nursing home of his father). The father's home is now empty. When they want to make it official, after the grandfathher dies, how can this be done so that: 1) the father can keep the proceeds from the sale of his home. 2)the son's motgage doesn't increase. 3) This is the only home the father has ever owed--will he be impacted by capital gains and if so, are there ways to avoid that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential