• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Assuming your real question is are you obligated to pay it, here's the statute:

RCW 16.60.020
Partition fence—Reimbursement.
When any fence has been, or shall hereafter be, erected by any person on the boundary line of his or her land and the person owning land adjoining thereto shall make, or cause to be made, an inclosure, so that such fence may also answer the purpose of inclosing his or her ground, he or she shall pay the owner of such fence already erected one-half of the value of so much thereof as serves for a partition fence between them: PROVIDED, That in case such fence has woven wire or other material known as hog fencing, then the adjoining owner shall not be required to pay the extra cost of such hog fencing over and above the cost of erecting a lawful fence, as by law defined, unless such adjoining owner has his or her land fenced with hog fencing and uses the partition fence to make a hog enclosure of his or her land, then he or she shall pay to the one who owns said hog fence one-half of the value thereof.
https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=16.60

Seems to me that you would not have to pay if the fence just completed an enclosure around his own property but you would have to pay if the fence also completed an enclosure around your property.

Though the reference to "partner" and "shared property" may change my comment if you would care to explain that.

The language of the statute suggests that it is very old. You might want to talk to a lawyer and see if case decisions have changed the interpretation.

Bearstain

It's shared property, he lives there ,I have only been on property once in 3 years. The fencing is t-post barbed wire horse fencing. How can partner fench property with out agreement and send me bill for fencing he installed on neibors property.no survey to proof land boundary

Bearstain

Deed reads shared property 50%myself.25%25% for partners ,no useragreement. I guess that is tenant in common ,thanks to adjusterjack

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
It's shared property, he lives there ,I have only been on property once in 3 years. The fencing is t-post barbed wire horse fencing. How can partner fench property with out agreement and send me bill for fencing he installed on neibors property.no survey to proof land boundary
The word is "fence", not "fench".

Either you can discuss this with your partner, or you can unload your share of the property. The latter seems more and more economical, given your other thread.

Bearstain

I sold my intrest in shared property, former partners are saying buyer is bad guy sale should not have been allowed, seems they bought car together had falling out there was arrest restraining order, my buyer says he's not guilty, however they were trying to sell there intrest to him unaware he has bought mine when they find out I transfer property he now bad guy

quincy

I sold my intrest in shared property, former partners are saying buyer is bad guy sale should not have been allowed, seems they bought car together had falling out there was arrest restraining order, my buyer says he's not guilty, however they were trying to sell there intrest to him unaware he has bought mine when they find out I transfer property he now bad guy
If the sale is final, it is no longer your problem if the guy is a bad guy.

Bearstain

Sale final real estate agreement signed states so .buyer of my intrest has no issues on sale it's my former partner says I sold to real bad guy. there is no user's agreement or terms I can see nothing preventing me from transfer. Because he has assault case penting against my buyer that s his problem? I believe so aswell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">