• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real State Liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JAY SMITH

if a person was ordered to pay a judgement, that was reinder in court, can that owner file bankruptcy to avoid paying the judgement and keep the property. A lien was placed on the owner propety , in attempt to collect on the judgement. the owner dies and the property is transfered to her daughter. when the property was first purchase, the daugher and the mother names were on the property.i think the mother removed the daughter name, to avoid involving her the the court proceedings.if there's is enough equity in the said property, can i take the daughter to court, and collect on the property. i don't think the house with into probate, or there's was any will. i think the mother, transferred to house to the daughter, avoid the house being tied up in cout. the mother was very aware of the legal problems, that would have accured, if she would have left the house go into probate. She knew the probate could attach the house, and lien would be paid. I know she left the daughter a lum sum of money. That's why I think she did all the things, before she died. Can i still collect on this lien. jay smith of california

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">