• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Realization of odemeter rollback after signing contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmiskullz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am from Houston, Texas, my dad and I purchased a 2010 Honda Element in mid April for $10,000+ at a car lot. It was advertised as having 55K miles on the window and on the odometer. Two weeks later, I looked at the inspection sticker which read 158K miles, so I decided to look at the paperwork my dad received after buying the car. My father signed all the paperwork in a hurry (as he was already 2 hours late for work) and did not realize that the warranty read 158K miles.Hes bought another car from the car lot so he trusted the employees in their word. He went to speak to the lady from the auto lot and she told us that the number of mileage on the warranty must be a typo so we ordered her to get us a carfax. She did not want to cooperate and became rude but at the end she gave us a carfax and it indeed read 158K miles. She even offered to extend our warranty to a full year. I was advised to write a certified letter and ask her for a reimbursement of the mileage difference but her response was that we purchased the car in "as is" condition without warranty. We also have not received the car title as my dad purchased the car with an auto loan

Can we still sue her for odometer fraud?

FlyingRon

It's what's on the paperwork that matters. There should be a statement of the odometer on the title application. What does that say?
It's in the gray box #18 in the middle of the form.

gmiskullz

We did not receive this documentation neither did they show us the title

It's what's on the paperwork that matters. There should be a statement of the odometer on the title application. What does that say?
It's in the gray box #18 in the middle of the form.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">