• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Really Cruel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JLK

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Phyllis receives anonymous phone call, from a woman saying Phyllis should have her daughter checked for Sexually Transmitted Disease. Woman states in phone call, that her daughter tested positive, and she got the disease from The Boy. (She says the boys first and last name). She says she knows Phyllis’s daughter was with The Boy. The Boy is 17 years old, and has not seen girl that tested positive in 2 years. Boy is tested, and is negative. Meanwhile, Phyllis calls local clinic, and finds out she is second person that day to call in and ask about this disease, that received an anonymous phone call from this woman and was given the same boys name. Woman that made anonymous calls, says that she hopes the boy gets really ill from it, that he is scum and EVERYBODY should know. Then woman calls man, that just happens to be friends of The Boys family, and tells him what she did. The man tells The Boys family who was making the anonymous calls. Is this a lawsuit? Is it criminal? Slander? Boy is juvenile, boy tested negative, woman used boys name in her calls, along with derogatory remarks. This was a cruel thing to do to the kid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
JLK
(No REAL names have been used in this post)

H

hexeliebe

Let me guess, you got tired of reading and looking up relevant case law so decided to come here and see if we could help you get an A.

O.K. A for effort. :rolleyes:

J

JLK

Oh, excuse me, I was under the mistaken impression this was a "Free Legal Advice" site.......

Forgive me Oh almighty one.

J

JLK

Gee, Thanks for the A Hexeliebe.... I haven't had one of those since school.

HomeGuru, It's been awhile, Gee, you've changed.......

Her first initial is PROBABLY an A........ But you might want to check with Hexeliebe on that.....

Y'all just have a grand old day...... and Thanks for the help.

SINCERELY,
JLK

JETX

"Is this a lawsuit?"
*** No. It would have to be filed in a valid court for it to be a lawsuit.

"Is it criminal?"
*** Certainly sounds like it, but it likely isn't. I would suggest the boy or his family contact the police to see if they will take a complaint on the person.

"Slander?"
*** Very likely.

J

JLK

JETX,

Thank You for your help. I realize it would have to be filed in court as far as a lawsuit..... I phrased it wrong. I have talked with the boys mother, and she made an appt. w/ an attorney. This kid is so upset, and I don't blame him. I appreciate your decency in your response.

Thank You,
JLK

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">