• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Really need advice on what to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunar27

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hello everyone... I'm new here. I'm really concerned about my current debt situation and could use some advice. I am considering filing for chap. 7. Anyway, here's my situation in a nut shell:

Card 1 - AT&T - $2500
Card 2 - BOA - $2400
Card 3 - MBNA - $7000
School Loan - $26000

I recently lost my job and I start a new one next week and will make a whole $9 an hour. (glad that college degree is paying off). I am current on the Bank of America card and the other two I haven't paid on in six months. I'm constantly worried about how I'm going to dig myself out of this mess and I must get 8 calls a day from strange numbers. I did set up a repayment plan with MBNA but it proved too expensive for me and I stopped. I know I don't owe enough to file a chap 7 but this debt is killing me and at my pay, I'll never be able to pay anything off.

This debt was the result of paying off the IRS for past due taxes and some medical and the rest was for moving expenses and living expenses after three previous layoffs. I can't keep ignoring the phone calls and I just want to be out from under this so I can focus on paying my school loans. Any advice would really help me out. :(

bigun

I'd hate to file bk over $11K. I'm sure with a college degree, you'll be making far more than $9/hr before much longer. Is it possible to work pt on weekends?

sunar27

bigun said:
I'd hate to file bk over $11K. I'm sure with a college degree, you'll be making far more than $9/hr before much longer. Is it possible to work pt on weekends?
It is possible to work on the weekends if I can find something. The sad thing is I had a really nice job making decent money but after the lay off, I haven't been able to really find anything. I can't go back to school because I owe 26k in loans that I haven't even started to pay off because I just don't have the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">