• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Realtor buying house after your offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

ultimatejeep

What is the name of your state? IL

My sister talked to a realtor to make an offer on a house and offered to pay the asking price. When she called the realtor back the next day to get the ball rolling he said the house is already sold. The thing is the we have found out the realtor had made a previous offer on the house himself and that he has been involved in some shady deals in the past.

First of all is it not illegal for the realtor to purchase this house?

Secondly how can my sister go about compiling the necessary info to do anything about it?

Finally who should she contact regarding this?

Thank You in advance for your time

HomeGuru

ultimatejeep said:
What is the name of your state? IL

My sister talked to a realtor to make an offer on a house and offered to pay the asking price. When she called the realtor back the next day to get the ball rolling he said the house is already sold. The thing is the we have found out the realtor had made a previous offer on the house himself and that he has been involved in some shady deals in the past.

**A: is this Realtor the listing agent for the property or any way connected to the Seller?

First of all is it not illegal for the realtor to purchase this house?

**A: no.

Secondly how can my sister go about compiling the necessary info to do anything about it?

**A: what are the facts.
Finally who should she contact regarding this?

**A: the agents broker and the IL state real estate regulatory agency.

Thank You in advance for your time

U

ultimatejeep

He is the listing agent and he never submitted my sisters offer of the asking price but instead bought it himself at less than that listing price.

HomeGuru

ultimatejeep said:
He is the listing agent and he never submitted my sisters offer of the asking price but instead bought it himself at less than that listing price.
**A: highly unethical but without all the intimate details, it would be hard to really give you an opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">