• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-ended by uninsured driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rks77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I was recently involved in a 3-car accident. The car behind me was rear-ended and in turn rear-ended me. Car #3 in line (the one at the back of the line) left the scene and nobody got any info about it other than that it was a "dark SUV". The car directly behind me that hit me was uninsured. My car has over $2000 worth of damage. My insurance company won't go after that person because they said that the unknown car is the one that caused the accident. Isn't vehicle #2 at fault for not leaving a safe amount of space between them and me? My insurance company said that I am 0% at fault, but I'd like my deductible and rental costs back. Thanks for any help and sorry for the lengthy post :)

Crazed98

Car number 2 was not at fault and neither were you.

There isn't much you can do if you cannot find who caused the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">