• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended just the beginning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikjoh

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA.
I got rear ended in low speed on a bridge, the one behind me changed lanes from middle to right and hit my right rear corner with her front left corner.
Her insurance company estimated half of the cost of the body shops estimate.
They wont send me a check, "not their policy" until the truck is in the body shop and if the cost is higher then pay the rest.
I do not want to fix it, I take care of it and want the money in my hand.
What rights do I have? Please help.
There was no bodily injury, I went to doc for xrays, no dammage.
thank you.
NikJoh.

I HATE insurance companies. The only way to ever get them to pay is usually to try to take them to court then they back off at the last minute and settle it. If the other driver was found to be at fault then her insurance pays for it and if there is any that wasn't paid by her insurance SHE has to pay for it from her own pocket. small claims court is the way to go unless the damage was really high.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">