• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear ended the other car backing up while parking and his insurance claims that both are responsible for damages. Why?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prince2369

What is the name of your state? VA

I was recently involved in a Car accident at the University drive way where the other car backing up while parking on my way of lane. We shared our insurance info right after - no police involved. His rear end and mine front driver end, but his insurance company claims that in VA if both vehicles are in motion at the time of accident, both parties shares individual damages. My insurance says I was not at fault because he hindered my drive while backing up in a one lane drive way. Any thing you can suggest? His part does not have damages but my driver front side has a big dent and I do not think I should pay for the damages. What are the ways so that his insurance pays for my damages?

quincy

What is the name of your state? VA

I was recently involved in a Car accident at the University drive way where the other car backing up while parking on my way of lane. We shared our insurance info right after - no police involved. His rear end and mine front driver end, but his insurance company claims that in VA if both vehicles are in motion at the time of accident, both parties shares individual damages. My insurance says I was not at fault because he hindered my drive while backing up in a one lane drive way. Any thing you can suggest? His part does not have damages but my driver front side has a big dent and I do not think I should pay for the damages. What are the ways so that his insurance pays for my damages?
The other driver was backing into a parking spot, with operable backup lights on his vehicle indicating his maneuver, and you ran into him?

PayrollHRGuy

If your insurance agrees with you they will likely also prepared to defend you in the claim if you are sued and/or provide representation if you sue the other driver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">