• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reason for uninsurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

augfan77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
What is the reason that so many people remained uninsured/underinsured?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

augfan77 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
What is the reason that so many people remained uninsured/underinsured?

My response:

I'll bet you didn't come here to really ask that obvious question. What's going on?

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no one single answer to that question. The answers range from economic factors - not being able to afford insurance/good insurance - to some people's inability to face the fact that it might indeed someday happen to them, (i.e., "I'm young and healthy, what do I need insurance for?" with a total disregard for the fact that they might run their motorcycle into a tree or pull out onto the highway into the path of a drunk driver). And just about everything in the middle.

Do you have a legal question as opposed to a philosophic one?

ablessin

Do you have insurance? If "no" - then why not.
That should point you in the right direction.

I agree with the above. Health insurance is very costly for starters.
People don't think they'll need it.

There are programs out there though, for un-insured. There are things now in between Medicaid and HMO's - some of them are still run by government agencies, but they offer decent coverage at reasonable rates.

In NYS, we have Family Health Plus, Child Health Plus, Blue Choice Option, Preferred Care Option...etc.
These options plans are medicaid managed care plans. The Plus plans are when the person/family is not able to afford (for instance) Blue Sheild, but they make too much to qualify for Medicaid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">