• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reasonable expectation of Protection from the elements.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Especially since the op apparently didn’t believe the water would rise to a level it could infiltrate the doorway after experiencing other rainy days, why do you believe it could be considered a latent defect? First hand observation resulted in no concern it would reach the door.

Whoops2u

Especially since the op apparently didn’t believe the water would rise to a level it could infiltrate the doorway after experiencing other rainy days, why do you believe it could be considered a latent defect? First hand observation resulted in no concern it would reach the door.
Basic word use. It's why I put the definitions of words in a previous post.

Are you arguing the danger was patent or the water was patent? It makes a difference.

https://law.justia.com/cases/ohio/seventh-district-court-of-appeals/2008/2008-ohio-5045.html

justalayman

Neither

to your link: provide a citation of the pertinent statements. I’m not going to read an entire opinion hunting for what you believe to be pertinent.

Whoops2u

Neither

to your link: provide a citation of the pertinent statements. I’m not going to read an entire opinion hunting for what you believe to be pertinent.
Then, what are you arguing? Was it a patent danger or was it a latent danger or was it not a danger?

I can't post the whole case. There is not a holding in my favor that points to a resolution. It is posted so those interested can see the issues in this situation.

justalayman

You don’t need to post the entire case. The salient points, snippets if you will, are all that is needed. Heck, point out pages or lines if that’s all you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">