• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reasons to lose child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pffb

What is the name of your state? west virginia

my husband has been "staging" messes around my house and taking pictures of them to show that i am a messy housekeeper in hopes of getting custody of our children if -when - we divorce. (we still live together.) granted, my house does get cluttered - we have three children all under the age of seven - but my children are always clean, well fed, well taken care of, and very loved. how worried should i be about this? (he, on the other hand, has been arrested several times for dui, etc. and is addicted to prescription drugs.) please help me . . . i am frantic.

L

lcollins

Judging from your post, I'm assuming that you two still are together? If so, let him take all the pictures he wants then present them in court, then the judge can ask him why he didn't bother to clean it up if he was so worried about.

And, just my personal opinion, if you're still with this man and he's making sure he gains false evidence of neglect "just in case you were to divorce", I would seriously have to look at my marriage.

Bre's_mom

Just because your house is messy, does not mean he'd get custody. I'm assuming its "lived in" not dangerously messy? Having 3 kids and a hubby that you clean up after is hard. Just make sure its not messy with stuff that could put your children in danger:p

K

KCMR

I agree

I agree with ICollins. Is this guy crazy? What is it your sole duty to clean the house when he lives there too?
Kick him to the curb...what are you waiting for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">