• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recalculation of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
I don't see putting her in jail over it, but could I get a judgement against her in case she ever works and garnish child support in arrears.
Well, see here is the deal. You are not going to want to hire an attorney to get a child support modification because you don't want to waste good money that you may never recoup. Therefore you are going to want to go through the child support enforcement agency in your state, and they are the ones who could eventually have mom put in jail for not paying her support. It won't be up to you. They can also suspend her driver's license and deny her a passport as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential