• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received summons-CC debt-HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

advice6

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have received a summons for a CC debt that was forwarded to an attorney collection agency. I have left a message before summons and since and never received a return call. My Question is at this point, might there be any other option for an agreement for payment.....? Might the CC company still be in position to answer my agreement question? I don't know if it was sold to attorney or just forwarded. The sheriff that delivered explained to file an "answer" to the court stating the validity of the debt and mention plans to contact attorney/creditor about any possible settlement to avoid court procedure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Debt Guy

At this point, you can't deal with the credit card company. You are going to have to deal with the attorney.

Yes, you can make a deal. But, you don't have the best leverage.

But, before you do anything else, when was the last regular payment you made on the credit card?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">