• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received traffic ticket in NY under sec 1180 (D) (1)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bnag

I received a ticket in NY city 50MI zone for 75MI and ticket says sec under 1180 (D) (1). I am not sure was exceeded speed limit. I am Mass resident and trying to plead guilty and pay fine. But couldn't allow me to pay instead I need to appear court personally. I had same violation last year May and paid fine and driver assessment fees. Need advice need to hire attorney is worth and what will be implications on my driving record in Mass. Appreciate advice. Thanks

xylene

Yes, you need to appear personally.

You were 25 mph over the speed limit.

You would be wise to hire a lawyer. Your driving privilege may be on the line.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Who said a personal appearance is required?

An appearance is required if the speed is 31+ over the limit.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I-95 freeway New york city

I'm guessing it was around Connor Street.

If you get one more speeding conviction within 18 months of the first one your driving privilege in New York will be REVOKED.

Since it was on 95 the NYPD Highway Patrol wrote you - you have NO chance of winning in court, with or without an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">