• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recieved petition from xhus.to abate chid support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?IL. I recieved in the mail today a notice from my ex husbands lawyer to abate child support and other relief, meaning boarding school tuition,uninsured medical,dental, and psychiatric expences. He agreed to put our daughter in boarding school because of self destructive behavior. He took a loan to pay for this. No agreement was made that I contribute to this tuition. With the support I continue to send her clothes and other needs. In our divorce decree it says , defendant shall at all times, while he has a support obligation, maintain major medical and hospitalization on the minor child.Please tell me does this sound right? Does he have a case?


Junior Member
Welcome to my world. Yes he does have a case but he has to prove why he wants child support abated. It must be a good cause though. What county is the hearing in?


Under the Radar Member
So..... He's paying the full freight for the boarding school AND still sending you child support. What's your contribution? Simply using the support for her clothing, etc is very nice, but you're also supposed to be contributing towards her care from YOUR income.

You'd better believe he's got a good case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential