• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recieved Summons- Deprived DUE PROCESS?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madmike

What is the name of your state? Mike: Arizona. I was served a summons and complaint. I personally met with opposing counsel on evidence. I offered him to just drop case(I had strong documentation). He declined. Set for arbitration. I retained counsel . Went thru arbitration. Won on all counts, but was not awarded attorney's fees. OPINION OF ARBITRATOR: I do not believe an award of attorney's fees is appropriate as it could chill the possibillityof such suits be pursued by those withvery little means. This claim came out of contract. I am a licened professional(A.R.S. 2601). After reserching my case further, I believe DUE PROCESS OF THE LAW was not followed. A certificate of expert witness is needed to be filed along with summons and claim. YES - NO ? By the way the plaintiff filed an appeal to the judgement. So I could use any opinion or advise as to what my options are...... ANXIOUSLY ANTICIPATING YOUR RESPONSES.https://forum.freeadvice.com/member.php?u=164045

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">