• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Enda

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am going to look for one asap. I am a general manager to a good company in Tacoma, Wa i never commited a crime before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My wife took my 3 kids to school, Day Care & Elementary. As she dropped off my son at DayCare , my little one got out of child seat and found my gun and accidentally fired a shot. I have a conceal carry permit. I was asleep at home when i got awoken after working my shift night before. Mom took my truck which had my gun. Kids are all safe. Mom called cops . I was cited for reckless endangerment in state of Washington, Tacoma. Im scared i have 3 kids a good job and i have court in 2 weeks. Gun was in center console.

quincy

I am relieved to hear your children (and everyone else) are okay. A scary incident.

Mom was not charged?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
My wife took my 3 kids to school, Day Care & Elementary. As she dropped off my son at DayCare , my little one got out of child seat and found my gun and accidentally fired a shot. I have a conceal carry permit. I was asleep at home when i got awoken after working my shift night before. Mom took my truck which had my gun. Kids are all safe. Mom called cops . I was cited for reckless endangerment in state of Washington, Tacoma. Im scared i have 3 kids a good job and i have court in 2 weeks. Gun was in center console.
If you have not yet been arraigned on the charge then it is likely that the upcoming court hearing is the arraignment. That hearing where the court formally advises you of the charge against you and asks you to enter a plea. The court might also set or revise bail at that hearing. It would be a good idea to get a lawyer before that hearing if you can. Otherwise, you typically would plead not guilty and if you are unable to pay for an attorney you would ask the court to appoint one for you.

Mom was charged for leaving kids unattended while she walked into school to take my son into Day Care. Normally a 3-5 min drop off time.

quincy

Mom was charged for leaving kids unattended while she walked into school to take my son into Day Care. Normally a 3-5 min drop off time.
Okay. Well, the need for an attorney (for both of you) is a necessity.

I am not seeing anything that indicates the charges are unreasonable given the facts as you describe them. An attorney, in other words, might have a difficult time getting the charge reduced. Your attorney will probably work hardest on trying to keep you out of jail.

quincy

When there are very young children in a family and overly tired frazzled parents, it is easy for parents to get distracted and make mistakes. Accidents happen.

Unfortunately, leaving a loaded weapon within reach of an unattended young child is a pretty big mistake.

I hope your attorney can argue successfully on your behalf that the incident alone taught you more than jail time can.

Again, I am relieved that what happened was not worse and that no one was hurt. Good luck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The weapon should have been properly stored. YOU weren't in the car and quite frankly you are lucky there was not a weapons charge for improperly handling in a motor vehicle. HOW DARE YOU not be responsible in storing your gun. Your child could have been killed. And how old were the children that were left unattended in the car? You are also lucky that CSB/CPS hasn't launched an investigation that could result in your children all being removed.

The weapon should have been properly stored. YOU weren't in the car and quite frankly you are lucky there was not a weapons charge for improperly handling in a motor vehicle. HOW DARE YOU not be responsible in storing your gun. Your child could have been killed. And how old were the children that were left unattended in the car? You are also lucky that CSB/CPS hasn't launched an investigation that could result in your children all being removed.
Definitely some tough times ahead for our family. We both have full time jobs, kids just got back to school with newborn in DayCare (6 mo). Will try and keep everyone posted on the outcome. CPS was notified as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">