• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reclaim property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zipzip

The taxes I searched for showed Exempt, and also verified with the assessors office. My guess is because the city owned the property and again another guess would be they don't pay taxes to themselves if I worded it correctly. I am sure there will be taxes for 2019. Possibly for December 2018, and if so they have my address.

This state requires a deed reference which was something new for me. It is placed on the deed under the legal description. This creates a trail of sorts as far as ownership, but also makes it easier to find which book and page to look for. I thought that was just smart.

I did see the original owner lost the property for some $800 owed in taxes.

justalayman

The taxes I searched for showed Exempt, and also verified with the assessors office. My guess is because the city owned the property and again another guess would be they don't pay taxes to themselves if I worded it correctly. I am sure there will be taxes for 2019. Possibly for December 2018, and if so they have my address.

This state requires a deed reference which was something new for me. It is placed on the deed under the legal description. This creates a trail of sorts as far as ownership, but also makes it easier to find which book and page to look for. I thought that was just smart.

I did see the original owner lost the property for some $800 owed in taxes.
Yes, I did see the deed reference requirement. While I can see some benefit to it, in reality it doesn’t make sense since not all deeds actually transfer ownership. Often times a quit claim deed is use to relinuish any rights to a property, regardless of whether there were any actual rights or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">