• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Record check in another state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IOWAGUY12

What is the name of your state? Iowa

If I have an aggrevated misdemeanor conviction in Iowa, and I move to California and apply for a job, if the California employer runs a background check, will the offense from Iowa show up since it is not a federal offense?

JETX

"If I have an aggrevated misdemeanor conviction in Iowa, and I move to California and apply for a job, if the California employer runs a background check, will the offense from Iowa show up since it is not a federal offense?"
*** That would depend on how 'deep' your employer checks. I would suggest not risking getting caught in a lie (and being terminated) by simply explaining the situation during your interview.

H

hexeliebe

Take JetX's advice. I use the same company to run background and credit checks on everyone I do business with or hire. And since I've been using them they have purchased 13 other similar companies throughout the country and Europe.

If the company you are going to work for is any size at all they will probably either use the same company or one of it's subsidiaries. And they will find the conviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">