• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recording conference calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Huey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi
I wrote something on this yesterday but cannot find it. On a couple of occasions i have recorded portions of a conference call because i had to leave the room. The calls only had to do with policies and procedures or genreal information. Is this an illegal practice.

FlyingRon

Depends on where the other party is located and whether you had their consent to tape it. The subject matter (or the fact that you were out of the room) doesn't much enter in to it.

FlyingRon

Then you could indeed be breaking the law. I suggest that if you do this, that you get the consent of all parties. Some states like yours only requires one party (which would include you) to know the recording is happening. Others requires all parties to consent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">