• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recouping lawyer's fees after being sued by ex-gf

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

As I said, I did genuinely appreciate the rest of your post — but I didn't ask for personal advice.
Its generally not in your best interest to complain about the content of free advice. Please feel free to pay an attorney to keep their advice exactly as you prefer to receive it.

merlinxxx

If you don't understand the difference between legal advice -- which I asked for, invited, and thanked you for -- and scolding personal advice, which I didn't ask for and you're not qualified nor have the context to give -- then yes, I'd rather not have your advice at all. Thanks.

LdiJ

If you don't understand the difference between legal advice -- which I asked for, invited, and thanked you for -- and scolding personal advice, which I didn't ask for and you're not qualified nor have the context to give -- then yes, I'd rather not have your advice at all. Thanks.
Good. Go pay an attorney

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sorry, dude. When you post your problems and ask for input from strangers, provided on their own time for free? You get what you get. Don't like it? Pay a lawyer for your advice.

t74

Not all problems require a legal solution. Often complicating an issue by dragging the legal system into it could be avoided by changing your personal behavior and expectations. Thus, following motherly/fatherly advice from those older and wiser nay be a better option than running to court later. It is a lot easier to avoid the problem than trying to fix it.

LdiJ

Not all problems require a legal solution. Often complicating an issue by dragging the legal system into it could be avoided by changing your personal behavior and expectations. Thus, following motherly/fatherly advice from those older and wiser nay be a better option than running to court later. It is a lot easier to avoid the problem than trying to fix it.
Which was the exact point I was trying to make. Clearly the ex-wife considered herself to be the psychological mother to his child, when the child HAS a mother. That is a clear indication of an overstepping stepparent and if he doesn't want something similar to happen again, he needs to change what kind of women he dates.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Which was the exact point I was trying to make. Clearly the ex-wife considered herself to be the psychological mother to his child, when the child HAS a mother. That is a clear indication of an overstepping stepparent and if he doesn't want something similar to happen again, he needs to change what kind of women he dates.
ex-g/f, just to be clear...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">