• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recourse Options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonym10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I have such a difficult time with my ex, whom I have a shared parenting plan with, and need to know my options for recourse. Here is just a summary of things she does:

Ever since our separation, she has been actively participating in defamation of my character on MySpace and other Social Networking sites. When I confront her, she lies and refuses to accept responsibility. She has baptized my daughter without my consent or knowledge. She lies about her work schedule so that she doesn't have to explain why she continues to not give me first option for parenting time. She has attempted to take my daughter when my mother was watching her without my consent or knowledge--during my parenting time. She does not use discretion in her wanton social behavior, and has exposed my 5 year old daughter to it. My 5 year old knows about Jello shots and adult orange juice. She does not send information from the school to me. She has lied to me with my daughter standing there, whom later said that her mother was lying to me. She has told my daughter that I actually wanted a son when she was conceived, along with a number of other horrific things.

Basically, she does everything she can to make it difficult for me to remain involved with my daughter. What can I do about this?

Isis1

I have such a difficult time with my ex, whom I have a shared parenting plan with, and need to know my options for recourse. Here is just a summary of things she does:

Ever since our separation, she has been actively participating in defamation of my character on MySpace and other Social Networking sites. When I confront her, she lies and refuses to accept responsibility. She has baptized my daughter without my consent or knowledge. She lies about her work schedule so that she doesn't have to explain why she continues to not give me first option for parenting time. She has attempted to take my daughter when my mother was watching her without my consent or knowledge--during my parenting time. She does not use discretion in her wanton social behavior, and has exposed my 5 year old daughter to it. My 5 year old knows about Jello shots and adult orange juice. She does not send information from the school to me. She has lied to me with my daughter standing there, whom later said that her mother was lying to me. She has told my daughter that I actually wanted a son when she was conceived, along with a number of other horrific things.

Basically, she does everything she can to make it difficult for me to remain involved with my daughter. What can I do about this?

good, child knows not to touch alcoholic drinks. that's great mommy parented her enough to know that. my two older boys also know not to touch any beer, wine, or other alcoholic beverages in my home or dad's home or anywhere else.

your mom has no rights to your daughter. mom's rights overrule a legal stranger. if you get first option then so does mom. grandma has NO right to deny mom. last time my kids paternal grandmother pulled that stunt i called the cops and she looked like an idiot.

is mom denying you visitation? how is mom making it hard for you to stay involved? are you not showing up? what's stopping you from going to the school and keeping yourself informed?

final note, stop stalking mom on her myspace and other social sites.

mommyof4

Well, geez...I guess I'm wanton. My kids know my favorite brand of beer and know that I drink 'antifreeze' (absolute, midori sours. My oldest came up with that name.)

Is there a cusotdy order? If so, is there a ROFR clause that states that she MUST contact you before she leaves the child with anyone else?

Your mother has no right to keep the child from either of the child's parents. None.

Take your hiney up to the school to get the records yourself. Keep in contact (telephone, email) with the teacher/principal about parent-teacher conferences, etc.

Lots of people lie, even you, I bet....

If you want to have a ceremony of baptism, have one. There is no law nor passage that says that baptisms must be limited to 1.

Find another hobby other than searching for your name on her Myspace page.

Humusluvr

Ever since our separation, she has been actively participating in defamation of my character on MySpace and other Social Networking sites. When I confront her, she lies and refuses to accept responsibility. She has baptized my daughter without my consent or knowledge. She lies about her work schedule so that she doesn't have to explain why she continues to not give me first option for parenting time.
So, do you have First Right of Refusal?

She has attempted to take my daughter when my mother was watching her without my consent or knowledge--during my parenting time.
So, do you have First Right of Refusal?

She does not use discretion in her wanton social behavior, and has exposed my 5 year old daughter to it.
So, you don't like her wantonness? That's why people break up.

My 5 year old knows about Jello shots and adult orange juice. She does not send information from the school to me.
What is in your custody agreement about school info? Have you contacted the school and asked for info to be sent directly to you?

Stay off myspace. Its stupid and its for children.

Humusluvr

Well, geez...I guess I'm wanton. My kids know my favorite brand of beer and know that I drink 'antifreeze' (absolute, midori sours. My oldest came up with that name.)

Is there a cusotdy order? If so, is there a ROFR clause that states that she MUST contact you before she leaves the child with anyone else?

Your mother has no right to keep the child from either of the child's parents. None.

Take your hiney up to the school to get the records yourself. Keep in contact (telephone, email) with the teacher/principal about parent-teacher conferences, etc.

If you want to have a ceremony of baptism, have one. There is no law nor passage that says that baptisms must be limited to 1.

Dang, you're a quick one!!!

anthonym10

good, child knows not to touch alcoholic drinks. that's great mommy parented her enough to know that. my two older boys also know not to touch any beer, wine, or other alcoholic beverages in my home or dad's home or anywhere else.

your mom has no rights to your daughter. mom's rights overrule a legal stranger. if you get first option then so does mom. grandma has NO right to deny mom. last time my kids paternal grandmother pulled that stunt i called the cops and she looked like an idiot.

is mom denying you visitation? how is mom making it hard for you to stay involved? are you not showing up? what's stopping you from going to the school and keeping yourself informed?

final note, stop stalking mom on her myspace and other social sites.
I'm going to disregard your first paragraph as it isn't relevant to my question or the actual situation.

The shared parenting plan states when regular and reasonable, the parent exercising parenting time with the child should provide the other with the opportunity to spend time with the child while in the care of others due to work, school, etc. My mother watched her in such an instance. It was not her parenting time and she is not the custodial parent, she does not have a legal right to remove the child from my mother's house during my parenting time and I would challenge you to furnish legal evidence which proves such. It is explicitly outlined in the parenting plan and the mother does not have such a right.

The mother is doing the same thing, but worse. Her work schedule is fairly regular. She is refusing to tell me her real work schedule so that I can't have my daughter on those nights. If she does happen to work, she expects me to give her time back in return as opposed to the grandmother on the other side watching her. As far as the school goes, all of the information sent home with the child never makes its way to me. I have spoken with the teacher about it and she has agreed to mail the information to me--which seems a little unnecessary if the whole point of a shared parenting plan is cooperation for the sake of the child's welfare.

You have not answered my questions.

I am not stalking her... she is slandering me and my daughter will have to grow up answering to the crap her mother says about her father. Since when was that sort of behavior acceptable? Since when am I in the wrong for being aware of what she says about me publicly?

Humusluvr

I'm going to disregard your first paragraph as it isn't relevant to my question or the actual situation.

The shared parenting plan states when regular and reasonable, the parent exercising parenting time with the child should provide the other with the opportunity to spend time with the child while in the care of others due to work, school, etc. My mother watched her in such an instance. It was not her parenting time and she is not the custodial parent, she does not have a legal right to remove the child from my mother's house during my parenting time and I would challenge you to furnish legal evidence which proves such. It is explicitly outlined in the parenting plan and the mother does not have such a right.

The mother is doing the same thing, but worse. Her work schedule is fairly regular. She is refusing to tell me her real work schedule so that I can't have my daughter on those nights. If she does happen to work, she expects me to give her time back in return as opposed to the grandmother on the other side watching her. As far as the school goes, all of the information sent home with the child never makes its way to me. I have spoken with the teacher about it and she has agreed to mail the information to me--which seems a little unnecessary if the whole point of a shared parenting plan is cooperation for the sake of the child's welfare.

I am not stalking her... she is slandering me and my daughter will have to grow up answering to the crap her mother says about her father. Since when was that sort of behavior acceptable? Since when am I in the wrong for being aware of what she says about me publicly?
Yes she does. According to your court order, mom"s rights trump grandma's.

mommyof4

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No other response to OP's response seems really necessary.

I defy you to print up any statute or order that states that YOUR MOTHER has the right to deny the MOTHER OF YOUR CHILD her rights as a parent.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Let me break it down for you

Good and we will feel happy to disregard you.

Yes she does. Based on the bolded. The mother of the child has a right to watch the child during your parenting time if you are at work school, etcetera. YOu are in contempt if you decide to fight that. YOU should not have let your mother watch the child when mom was available. Did you ask mom if she was available? YOU are the one who does not have such a right. Learn to read and comprehend. Based on your own words YOU ARE IN THE WRONG. And contempt can cause you lose custody. So try to tell the court that you put the child at your mom's while you were at work and are pitching a fit because your ex ( the child's PARENT) picked her up.

The mother is doing the same thing, but worse. Her work schedule is fairly regular. She is refusing to tell me her real work schedule so that I can't have my daughter on those nights.
Okay so you are both idiots.

If she does happen to work, she expects me to give her time back in return as opposed to the grandmother on the other side watching her.
And you don't have to. But what you both have to do is grow up.

As far as the school goes, all of the information sent home with the child never makes its way to me. I have spoken with the teacher about it and she has agreed to mail the information to me--which seems a little unnecessary if the whole point of a shared parenting plan is cooperation for the sake of the child's welfare.
Oh good grief. Get over it. Grow up and quit whining. Save the drama for your mama. We don't care. You need to take responsibility for your parenting of your child. It is also unnecessary for courts to get involved if adults can act reasonable and rationable -- apparently NOT the case in your situation.

Oh well.

I am not stalking her... she is slandering me and my daughter will have to grow up answering to the crap her mother says about her father. Since when was that sort of behavior acceptable?
YOu describe mom as an alcoholic slut. I'm sorry -- a wanton woman who displays such wantonness in front of the child and DRINKS. Does she have sex on the living room floor while the child is watching Spongebob? That would definitely prove your point (and most likely be a sponge-worthy moment). But good grief, give it a rest. How is your behavior any better?

Since when am I in the wrong for being aware of what she says about me publicly?
Look at what you have said about her publicly. Psst... the web is NOT private.

Pot meet kettle.

ETA: Both of you need to quit playing tit for tat and start acting like adults and not angry bitter kids. Knock it off or your child will hate both of you for your stupidity. How about you take the lead and be the bigger person and the adult? Oh yeah. That would be too hard because you need to get your digs in.

Last edited:

mommyof4

Does she have sex on the living room floor while the child is watching Spongebob? That would definitely prove your point (and most likely be a sponge-worthy moment).
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!:p:D

I will never again watch Spongebob in quite the same way.

Sponge-worthy moment...*snicker*

anthonym10

We're digressing. There is a difference between children being aware of your favorite drink and squeezing in some time before picking her up for your parenting time to throw some down.

There is shared custody. The exact wording of what you all are referring to is such:

3. When reasonable or in the event of a regular occurrence, the parent not exercising parenting time shall be first notified and given the opportunity for parenting time when for personal, health or employment reasons, the other parent need to leave the minor child with other care providers for the day or overnight. This parenting time will supersede and not count against any other parenting time which the parent not exercising parenting time is afforded pursuant to this agreement or mutual agreement by the parties.

The issue with this is her work schedule constitutes regular occurrences and I'm not being notified. She in turn thinks that if I should have something I need to do and leave Rachel in the care of my mother she somehow has the right to take her without my knowledge or consent. I don't attempt to do the same, but from what you all are saying I have the right to? I just don't think this reads that way... My mother has never attempted to keep my daughter from her mother. Her mother sabotaged her and showed up to take her. I told her she couldn't. My mom obviously didn't want to be involved.

I didn't want her baptized and according to the shared parenting plan, the parents were to make a mutual decision about religious training. She is in violation of the parenting plan in multiple places. What recourse do I have for that--my original question repeated?

Humusluvr

We're digressing. There is a difference between children being aware of your favorite drink and squeezing in some time before picking her up for your parenting time to throw some down.

There is shared custody. The exact wording of what you all are referring to is such:

3. When reasonable or in the event of a regular occurrence, the parent not exercising parenting time shall be first notified and given the opportunity for parenting time when for personal, health or employment reasons, the other parent need to leave the minor child with other care providers for the day or overnight. This parenting time will supersede and not count against any other parenting time which the parent not exercising parenting time is afforded pursuant to this agreement or mutual agreement by the parties.

The issue with this is her work schedule constitutes regular occurrences and I'm not being notified. She in turn thinks that if I should have something I need to do and leave Rachel in the care of my mother she somehow has the right to take her without my knowledge or consent. I don't attempt to do the same, but from what you all are saying I have the right to? I just don't think this reads that way... My mother has never attempted to keep my daughter from her mother. Her mother sabotaged her and showed up to take her. I told her she couldn't. My mom obviously didn't want to be involved.

I didn't want her baptized and according to the shared parenting plan, the parents were to make a mutual decision about religious training. She is in violation of the parenting plan in multiple places. What recourse do I have for that--my original question repeated?
File for contempt.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

GROW UP. GROW UP. GROW UP. GROW UP. GROW UP. GROW UP. Should I repeat myself some more?

You and mom are both acting like infants. She is in contempt. You are in contempt. Both of you will royally piss off a judge with your behavior. Anything regarding religious training is most likely not going to be enforceable.

What you can do is take her back to court and have a pissing match and see who can outdo the other in stupidity. OR you can decide not to play tit for tat and follow the parenting plan to the letter. Including not leaving your child with YOUR mother when mom is available. And abiding by all provisions. In other words be an adult and go to the court with clean hands.

As it is the two of you will do nothing but both get bitched at by the Court. So please, file contempt. And then both of you will hopefully get chewed out and maybe even decide to start acting OLDER than your child. You definitely aren't being more mature.

anthonym10

This is drifting further and further from what is actually occurring.

First, I've never said that my mother denied her the right to pick my daughter up. Somehow that was interpreted that way and the slippery slope continues.

I don't disagree with what you're saying Ohiogal... unfortunately I've gone three years now shrugging off time after time where she is contemptuous: not including me in decisions for religious training, never giving me first option, etc, etc. At this point, excuse me if I don't feel inclined to be the "bigger" person and continue giving her all the respect that should be occurring between both parties. This situation will continue to degrade and get worse. According to all of your responses, I should just turn around and take her from her grandmother's house if her mother is working. But how am I supposed to know when that is if the mom can't be honest and tell me? That is interference in my eyes and I would presume the courts would agree.

The point of all of this is I've made every attempt to resolve this, even brought up mediation, etc. She continues to shrug me off. I've spoken with a couple of attorneys whom have stated I can hold her contempt etc. Unfortunately they all want money to spend more than a hour with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">