• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recovering expert witness fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marilynne

i was involved in a general civil case. the judgement was in my favor. i had paid my expert witness a fee of 405.00. i need to know how to file a motion to recover that fee from the defendant. i live in the state of michigan. thank you

[Edited by marilynne on 03-26-2001 at 07:49 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

marilynne said:
i was involved in a general civil case. the judgement was in my favor. i had paid my expert witness a fee of 405.00. i need to know how to file a motion to recover that fee from the defendant. i live in the state of michigan. thank you

[Edited by marilynne on 03-26-2001 at 07:49 PM]
My response:

You can't, except under very, very limited circumstances - - which you would have mentioned if you met those requirements.

Since it's up to the Plaintiff to prove the case, and the burden of proof is on the Plaintiff to show by any means necessary that you should win, you'll have to "eat" your expert's fees if that's what it took to help win your case.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">