• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recovery of excess amount paid on settlement of claim from another policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RAMMLU

Sirs
I have multiple policies with LIC. Two years back on the settlement of a discounted claim of a money back policy they forgot to deduct the payment of survival benefit given to me on two occasions. After six month of the settlement I received a letter from LIC to return the excess payment made to me. I took a stand that on the basis of your offer on my claim I agreed to the sum offered by you seeing that the amount is suitable to my purpose and I employed the money accordingly. Once a settlement is arrived at due deliberations and mutual consent now revoking of the said settlement is not possible and I am not agreeable to the proposal of refunding the money. Now the Divisional Manager has informed all branches where I service my policies to stall all the payments and claims and the officers pressurizing me to return the excess amount received. I contented that I have received the agreed amount and nothing more than that and any action to stall the payment is amounting to create charge on my policy or attachment of the same which act is not recognized as a good deal in the eyes of the law.
I request your advice.
Thanks
aar. krishnanWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ErinGoBragh

Sirs
I have multiple policies with LIC. Two years back on the settlement of a discounted claim of a money back policy they forgot to deduct the payment of survival benefit given to me on two occasions. After six month of the settlement I received a letter from LIC to return the excess payment made to me. I took a stand that on the basis of your offer on my claim I agreed to the sum offered by you seeing that the amount is suitable to my purpose and I employed the money accordingly. Once a settlement is arrived at due deliberations and mutual consent now revoking of the said settlement is not possible and I am not agreeable to the proposal of refunding the money. Now the Divisional Manager has informed all branches where I service my policies to stall all the payments and claims and the officers pressurizing me to return the excess amount received. I contented that I have received the agreed amount and nothing more than that and any action to stall the payment is amounting to create charge on my policy or attachment of the same which act is not recognized as a good deal in the eyes of the law.
I request your advice.
Thanks
aar. krishnanWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Good catch, this company is based out of India and operates solely there, so there is no jurisdiction with the US.

Dandy Don

Pay back the amount voluntarily. If you are not willing to do that, wait for them to sue you for it in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">