• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Redlight Camera violation on right turn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

streetboy

What is the name of your state?
CA

I got a redlight camera violation citation today. I had the opinion that I had stopped the car before turning right. Is it wise to contest the citation.

Please find the video of my violation below

[video removed]

Thanks,

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is no need to post the video (nor is it appropriate). I suggest that you do a web search for fighting red light cameras in California. There are TONS of sites out there.

FlyingRon

Note that it is required to completely stop before the line (stop line, or crosswalk, or projection of interesecting street). Can't tell you the number of times I've seen people stop partly through the turn (after damn near clipping me in the crosswalk) if they stop at all.

Tontin

It never hurts to contest anything, whats the worst that can happen... oh wait u already got the ticket. Were there signs stating no turn on red ??? An officer didnt physically stop n give the ticket.. can u see its you in the picture .. thats the easiest way to get out of it, say it wasnt you driving that day..you can also just straight up take driving school n take it out of record..

Zigner

thats the easiest way to get out of it, say it wasnt you driving that day..you can also just straight up take driving school n take it out of record..
Wait a second - are you REALLY advising our OP to commit perjury?

Zigner

Tontin has a thread himself. A must read. ;)
Ahh, the guy who has been driving on a suspended license for the better part of 20 years (because...suspended in one state=suspended in all states, so long as you are honest when you get your license.)

Tontin

It never hurts to contest anything, whats the worst that can happen... oh wait u already got the ticket. Were there signs stating no turn on red ??? An officer didnt physically stop n give the ticket.. can u see its you in the picture .. thats the easiest way to get out of it, say it wasnt you driving that day..you can also just straight up take driving school n take it out of record..
Lol i said if its not him in the picture lol im not telling anyone to do anything...

Tontin

Ahh, the guy who has been driving on a suspended license for the better part of 20 years (because...suspended in one state=suspended in all states, so long as you are honest when you get your license.)
Lol who said ive been driving.. its always best not to assume.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">