• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reduction in Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dissed again 1

I live in CT and work in a sales position for a bank headquartered out west. I have been there 3 years, and received great reviews, and was promoted in Jan of this year. I have a salary, commission incentive, and annual bonus incentive. I have heard that the comp plan (the commission part) next year is being changed which in effect would cut my compensation in half, as well as reduce the comp of the other salespeople in my group. This happens despite our department increasing production over last year, and my doing 3x my last years production and almost doubling my 1999 goal. I may need to quit as I could not support my family under this scenerio. It seems as though the organization has built up a steady stream of repeat business on the back of the salespeople, and are now trying to get rid of us. Is there any legal recourse for this type of situation?

Thanks.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Personally I do not see what legal recourse you may have unless you have a written contract of employment guaranteeing your salary and other forms of compensation.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

D

Dissed Again 1

Only in America!!

It is interecting that if I were a black secretary who was derelict, the company would document all my personal failings before they fired me, and then still be worried about losing a suit. But in my case, they simply need only reduce my income to a level where I have no choice but to resign, and this is fine with the labor laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">