• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reentering US on a different - already approved - visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
State: Oregon

I entered the US on an F1 in 2001. Since then I have graduated and have been working as an H1B holder.

I do realize that if i leave the US i have to get my passport restamped as H1. My question is, can I do this in Canada? My citizenship is Indian but I do have PR in Canada.

Also, does this involve a personal interview or can it be done by mail?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential