• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refered back to creditor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwmckims

What is the name of your state? CA

I received a letter from a collection agency regarding an amount of money owed to a credit card company. I sent a letter to them to provide validation of the debt. Thirty days went by and I received no response. 3 weeks ago I received another letter from them with a smaller amount settlement. I sent another letter to them with a copy of the first letter saying it has been over 30 days and you have not provided proof this is my account. This week they sent me a letter stating they are closing their case and referring it back to the credit card company. What does this mean?

bigun

More than likely they can't get proper validation from the cc company and are washing there hands of the situation. BTW, if a settlement is possibility this would be the perfect time to contact the OC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">