• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refund withheld

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wiccafrank

10 years ago, when my daughter was born, my ex got on AFDC. to make a long story short, she is not on AFDC anymore, but about 4 years ago, the IRS began with-holding my income tax return. they said that the state of Maine was taking it to pay back the AFDC assistance that my ex got. they did not tell me how much i had to pay, and they have taken my tax return every year since. i do not have a problem paying this debt.
my question is: how do i find out how much i owe, and is there a way to stop them taking my tax return, and have them take a small percentage of my weekly pay instead?
i should also add, that i am living in the state of Colorado, and was living here when they began taking my tax return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">