• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I bought a used car on the 26 of May, from a car dealer.
On the 2nd ofjune I was called and told I was to return the car because the financing was not approved.
On May 30 i purchased some aftermarket parts for the car, and installed them.
Not thinking I was going to need thereciept,I threw it away.The dealer refuses to refund the money with out a reciept.It is imposable to get a reciept for the items.
What can I do?



Did you pay by check, credit card, or cash? Those could function as your receipt. If you paid cash, did you buy new parts? Can you take pictures of the parts in situ that show they are new parts? I assume you also threw away the old parts and the garbage has been picked up? You could just sue him in small claims court.

If all else fails, you might be able to file a mechanic's lien against the car for the cost of the parts. Dealer will have to clear the lien before any bank will finance the car. So not include any $$ for your work, just the cost of parts.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential