• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refusal to answer interrogatories

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dee7940

What is the name of your state?Illinois

My submitted Pro Se interrogatories to my x who has motioned to abate child support on the grounds that his business is failing. Yet he went on a two week vacation to Las Vegas and another week fishing trip. Also he is currently receiving Providential Social Security Disability Payments. The court date is October 10. He had until September 9th to respond to the interrogatories but is refusing. What do I do next? :confused:

Dee7940 said:

My submitted Pro Se interrogatories to my x who has motioned to abate child support on the grounds that his business is failing. Yet he went on a two week vacation to Las Vegas and another week fishing trip. Also he is currently receiving Providential Social Security Disability Payments. The court date is October 10. He had until September 9th to respond to the interrogatories but is refusing. What do I do next? :confused:
You need to file a motion to compel...I am not sure exactly how to do this as my attorney does this for me, and I wouldn't want to mislead you...If you search on the web for Motion to Compel Illinois it should lead you in the right direction. Basically, from what I have learned through my own stubborn ex is that you file this motion, and the judge orders him to produce these documents, and if he doesn't comply he can be held in contempt... He was a good boy and produced them immediately! If you would like to pm me I can scan in the copy of my motion to compel, and email it to you so you would know the format (you would have to retype it and change the names and dates to fit :) ) and then you could file it at your local court house. I think they do charge a filing fee:) It is about 4 pages in length Let me know....

Last edited:

Gracie3787

Dee7940 said:

Answered in other thread https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=274637

B

betterthanher

Dee7940 said:

Why do you start new threads to ask the same question? Do you think the legal answer's going to change like the weather?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">