• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refusal to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mwaite

My wife just left her job as a horse trainer. The owner of the company she worked for is refusing to give her, her final pay check claiming that while in employment with the company she was lent a couple of videos about the work place and some other stupid things. This is crazy The value of these items would be miniscual and my wife would not have any use of them as she does not work there anymore. What do you think the best course of recourse would be? I am thinking about sending the owner a certified letter giving a deadline if she does not reach the deadline taking her to small claims court, but my whife is hourly and we would not be able to put an exact amount on the money we are our.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">