• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regain loss value of accidental new VAN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glory

How can i claim loss value of my new Van. My 1999 van was hit from the back the person insurance co will pay for to fix the damages. But how can recoup the loss value of the Van, which never will be same. Does any body have any advice or good Lawyers who can help me in D.C metro area. Thanks

L

Lianne

File a diminished value claim with the other guy's insurance. DV claims are specifically for the loss of value on a vehicle. There's 3 types of DV -- insurance-related, repair-related, and inherent. You're looking at inherent DV -- the vehicle has lost value just simply due to the fact that it has been in an accident (not due to faulty repair work or faulty work by the insurance adjuster). There is a time limit on how long you can wait to file -- if you're still within the limit, be sure to file right away. Good Luck!
Lianne

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">