• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

regarding lieing to save my employer insurance cost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imaltht

What is the name of your state? california.Would I be responsible for the costs or be in legal trouble with the courts if I were to operate a forklift without having a licence to do so. My employer is working under a womans deceased husbands business licence.and has ask me to lie to the insurance company for an accident I caused. I hit a gas line while operating the forklift. He told the fire dpt. and police that he was driving the forklift and was having pains in his chest and I reached up to shut it off because he was in to much pain to reach for the shut off button. He was not driving I was and neighbors outside saw me operating the forklift. I don't want to get him into any trouble and I appreciate him wanting to cover my butt. But I am not comfortable with lieing about what I did.I don't want someone else to be resposible for what I did. But on the other hand I definately do not want him to get into more trouble If I decide not to do as he has asked of me. Like causing him to be out out alot of cash out of pocket or sued as well as his insurance not wanting to pay for the damges that were done. thank you for taking a few moments to look over my problem. I will anxiously be waiting for your reply or recommendation on this matter. Hopefully before I have to decide on my own again thanks

Last edited:

HomeGuru

imaltht said:
What is the name of your state? california.Would I be responsible for the costs or be in legal trouble with the courts if I were to operate a forklift without having a licence to do so. My employer is working under a womans deceased husbands business licence.and has ask me to lie to the insurance company for an accident I caused. I hit a gas line while operating the forklift. He told the fire dpt. and police that he was driving the forklift and was having pains in his chest and I reached up to shut it off because he was in to much pain to reach for the shut off button. He was not driving I was and neighbors outside saw me operating the forklift. I don't want to get him into any trouble and I appreciate him wanting to cover my butt. But I am not comfortable with lieing about what I did.I don't want someone else to be resposible for what I did. But on the other hand I definately do not want him to get into more trouble If I decide not to do as he has asked of me. Like causing him to be out out alot of cash out of pocket or sued as well as his insurance not wanting to pay for the damges that were done. thank you for taking a few moments to look over my problem. I will anxiously be waiting for your reply or recommendation on this matter. Hopefully before I have to decide on my own again thanks

**A: your post has nothing to do with real estate law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">