• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding Medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EllaBlue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire

I slipped on some spilled milk at a Market Basket food mart in my state. The manager was very careless in his attitude. His comment was "I was hoping someone would of come by, by now to clean that up. There were no cones or any warnings place near the area about the spill. I really wrecked myself trying to break the fall and ended up going to the ER. I have had some extensive physical therapy for this incident. I guess my injury will always be sensitive to strains and such according to my therapist.

I don't expect to get mega-bucks from this but if I do get a small award, can Medicaid take that from me? like everyone else today, I really could use it for a few of my expenses that need to be taken care of.
Thanks in advance
Ella

FlyingRon

Medicaid or whoever paid the medical bills certainly can recover the money they paid from any settlement you get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">